There will be an Island Marketplace? Yes! The Clean energy for EU islands secretariat is introducing the Island Marketplace in an online event! Join us on September 15 10:30-12:00.
What is this Island Marketplace all about?
The aim of the Islands Marketplace is to bring together island communities, project developers, technology providers, investors, and financiers to support the implementation of clean energy projects on islands. The Clean energy for EU islands secretariat will facilitate the matchmaking of the interested parties.
Island stakeholders are invited to submit their investment projects. The Clean energy for EU islands secretariat marketplace team will then support islands to get in contact with financial institutions and technology providers to discuss the technology and financing of the project.
The team of experts will first review the project proposal. If the project matches with the investors/technology providers requirements (maturity level, technology, size of the ticket, location, etc.), we will put in direct contact the different parties for a 1:1 conversation. In case the project requires additional work, the secretariat marketplace team offers guidance on how to improve the content of your project.
Please note that for a project be considered in the EU Islands Marketplace, island stakeholders/ project developers have to provide as much information as possible, in a way that it is clearly understandable and analysable by the secretariat team, as well as by the investors and technology providers. The type of information required is the following:
- Project description (details of your project, relevant background, expected timeline, type of technology, maturity level, etc.)
- Expected impacts (renewable energy production/energy savings, avoided emissions, jobs creation, etc.)
- Financial aspects (investment type, business model, CAPEX, payback time, internal rate of return, etc.)
Why this is for you?
Through the EU Islands Marketplace:
- Island’s stakeholders have the possibility to develop their projects by connecting with leading clean energy technology providers and front-runners ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) investors;
- Investors have the opportunity to increase their pipeline of potential investments;
- Technology providers can increase their client list through potential sales of technological solutions.
Please keep in mind that our matchmaking service does not provide any funding support. The technical support is limited to guidance on how to improve your project’s content. Projects selected will be showcased and, when feasible, matched with investors and technology providers.