The EU Islands Secretariat will support 25 islands to advance the technical and financial planning for their clean energy projects over the coming months.
The islands selected include
- Cres-Losinj, Dugi Otok, Korcula, Zirje (Croatia)
- Fur (Denmark)
- Marie-Galante, Ile de Sein (France)
- Kythira, Spetses, Kassos (Greece)
- Aran Islands, Bere, Cape Clear, Ceantar na nOileàn, Valentia Island (Ireland)
- Salina (Italy)
- Curaçao (Netherlands)
- Azores, Culatra (Portugal)
- La Palma, Menorca, Mallorca (Spain)
- Isle of Mull, Off Grid Scottish Islands (Scotland)
The support covers a range of projects, from the identification phase such as mapping of potential renewable energy sources up to project development such as design review for preparation of due diligence.